To answer the question as simply as possible… Yes a diaper bag is really necessary. However, it shouldn’t be over crowded and stuffed with things that you wouldn’t need for a normal outing. So continue reading until the end to see why a diaper bag is really necessary and what you should have in it.
This post will be written in question format. Continue reading all the way to the end below.
Do you really need a changing bag?
- Yes. You do need a changing bag. You may not need a diaper bag but a large enough bag for carrying the basic necessities when you’re out is a MUST to make traveling with a baby easier.
- Tip: The younger the baby, the more you would need a diaper bag for milk, diapers, wipes, etc. The older the toddler the more you could get away with just a changing bag for a few pull-ups and sippy cup.
What Makes A Good Diaper Bag?
- A good diaper bag is spacious, liquid/ water-proof and has many little compartments for easy organization and storage.
What goes in a diaper bag?
- All of the items that you use the most at home are what goes in the diaper bag. Those items would include diapers, wipes, a changing pad, travel size lotion and sanitizer, pacifier, baby blanket, bottles (if baby is bottle fed) and a change of clothes.
- For babies that are breastfed you may want to include you manual breast pump, an ice pack for your milk once it’s pumped and some milk bags.
- If you have older kids, whether they are potty trained or not, a spare outfit is always handy to have.
Let me not forget to mention that a few toys to keep baby entertained are perfect.
Additional add-ons to include in your diaper bag.
The items listed below are not a necessity and can be added to your diaper bag on an “As needed” basis.
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Baby Nail Kit
Check out Diaper Bag Essentials for Every Age
Simply put, yes a diaper bag is necessary. However, you don’t need to have an outrageous amount of items in your baby’s diaper bag. Take it from a second time around mom. The items you use the most at home are what you would use the most when out and about. Sure there may be a few little tweaks here and there. But for the most part, everything else will remain the same.
Now that you’ve reached the end, be sure to share this helpful post with your friends and family. I’d surely appreciate it.
Pin this post using the graphic below.